10 Tips to Crack the NCHMCT JEE 21 and other Hotel Management Entrance Exams
Updated: Feb 6, 2021
1. Start your preparations early – The key to excel in competitive examinations is to start your preparations early. The best time to start studying is now, which means that you need to start as soon as you can. A little planned preparation every day goes a long way in helping you remember what you have learned rather than last-minute cramming. Do not put off for tomorrow what you can do today !
2. Understand the Paper Pattern of the NCHM JEE and other Hotel Management Entrance Exams like IHM Aurangabad , Manipal , Symbiosis etc– Once you have made up your mind to prepare for the Hotel Management JEE, the most important thing is to understand the exact paper pattern of the JEE. You should know the different subjects, number of questions asked in each subject, time duration of the test
3. Identify the syllabi of the subjects of JEE – After getting an idea of the different subjects to be studied, make a list of the books or study material you would be requiring for the exam. Study material for the areas like Verbal Abilities, Mathematics and English should be collected. Before formulating your preparation strategy, chalk out the syllabus and measure your comfort level in individual section. Suppose you feel you are not good in mathematics or reasoning, divide your time table according to it and give extra time to
4. Make your Time Table – In the time table plan your studies in the time that is available. Get a rough idea when this exam is conducted in a given year and calculate how much time is with you for your preparation. In this exam what is required essentially is your presence of Studying till the last moment will only lead to stress and exhaustion. Make a daily time table and do not forget to include your hobbies and other fun in it. Also try to shuffle the subjects so that you do not get bored. You should try studying for at least 4 to 6 hours a day.
5. Buy Notebooks for different Subjects – It is important to write down whatever you have learnt in the different subject areas. This will help you in understanding the concepts and also your
6. Reasoning – Reasoning needs a lot of practice . So find as many questions on reasoning and become an expert in this area. Practice questions on matching, arrangements, family relationships, number series, codes, ages, direction and distance, seating arrangement etc. You should also work on your speed. Try learning or making your own short cuts to solved a particular set of question. This is the part where you cannot learn things by heart. All you need to do is reason it out and solve the kind of questions that are asked in the examination.
7. Mathematics – You have to first make an attempt and understand the basic concepts of mathematics .Spend a lot of time on this as this will help you solve problems easily. After understanding the concepts , work on some illustrated examples of the concept. Once you are clear, work on some unsolved problems and check whether you are able to solve questions from that chapter. In your mathematics notebook make a list of the formulae that you learn. Then try and memorize these formulae as several questions will be based on the application of these formulae. Solve as many questions as possible in each chapter. Mathematics in JEE covers Arithmetic, Algebra and Geometry.
8. English Language – The main areas from where the questions generally come are vocabulary based questions, reading comprehension, spelling errors, jumbled sentences, sentences correction and fill in the blanks. Improving your vocabulary will help you a great deal in your English section. and Questions on Synonyms, Antonyms and One word substitution will become an easy nut to crack. You will have to understand each type of question and identify strategies for solving the different questions of English Language
9. General Awareness/General Knowledge:-
This section mainly tests the competency of the candidate on how much he/she is aware of the world that he/she lives in. You cannot do it one day or in one week. It’s a daily activity and you should include it in your daily routine. You can gain knowledge from different sources like newspapers , televisions , magazines and the internet. You should spend some time daily on this section.
10. Stay Positive – Having a positive attitude can change the way you approach an exam, help to relax you during an exam, and give you less anxiety after the exam. Try thinking to yourself “Everyone has to write exams. Yes , I can do it ! ”