Heading in the right direction…
In the last blog we learnt about the various top colleges in India that offer the best courses in Mass Media.
Let us now see what are the entry requirements and qualifications needed to get into these colleges.
Minds in the making…
The candidates who have passes their HSC examination irrespective of their stream, are eligible to apply for this course. The eligibility and selection process differs from college to college, but the one thing that is common is the entrance exams. The students will be shortlisted and admitted to the programme if they meet the required standard of the selection process.
When put to the test, I will be the best…
Generally, the entrance examination consists of subjects like –
1. English – You will be assessed on a series of questions that will require you to demonstrate your comprehension and language skills.
2. Numeracy/ Maths – This section includes short set of facts or proportions, graphs or other textual, pictorial or diagrammatic representation of numerical information, followed by a series of questions. You will be required to derive information and apply mathematical operations on the information.
3. Reasoning- You will critically analyse patterns of reasoning and assess how conclusions may depend on particular premise or evidence.
4. Current Affair including General Knowledge – This section will require you o demonstrate your awareness of various aspects of current affairs and general knowledge including – Static general knowledge, arts and literature, international affairs and historical events of continuing significance.
5. Critical analysis and Critical Thinking – This will include a series of short passages followed by questions that will require you to – recognise an argument, its premise and conclusion ; read and identify the set of argument/judgement/inference set out in the passage.
6. Economics – This section includes questions on economic theories, basics concepts of economics, banking, demand, supply, payments, etc
In addition to entrance test, some colleges also have personal interviews and the students are also required to submit a SOP ‘Statement of Purpose’.
Advancing Knowledge, Transforming Lives..
MCM is a pioneer in entrance training from last 21 years.
MCM Mass Media Entrance Test Training Programs offers a comprehensive ONLINE training for preparing students for the entrance exams of the above institutes. We provide complete study material, several practice tests (and Solutions), test series where students can actually solve previous years papers and also mocks.
MCM is excellence personified!!!
Get in touch with our counsellors to get more information on MASS MEDIA courses.
We look forward to help you to achieve your career goals.
Your future awaits!!!